Thursday, August 22, 2013

10 Days Smoke Free!!


Yes like the title says I am now 10 days smoke free, yay go me.





This giving up smoking thing has got to be one of the hardest things I have ever done. We are talking about a 20 year habit here, and to be really honest I didn’t ever think I would be able to do this. The craving is still there, someday more than others, but I know I have gone this long I can hold out and wait for the craving to pass and you know what??? It does, often with in a minute of having the thought it’s gone.


How did I do this?
Champix
Lots of lollies
A very supportive husband
And lots and lots of will power

Bonus so far
I don’t stink anymore.
My sense of smell has gotten better. (Living with 5 boys this is not always a good thing)
I have found time.
I no longer have to go outside in the cold winter nights and freeze my ass off just to have a smoke.
I am saving money.


This post isn’t very earth shattering; I just wanted to let everyone out there know that if I can do it so can you!!  Be strong, set your quit date and go hard. You are worth it and I am here to help in any way I can!!


For those of you that have quit smoking in the past, what worked for you??

2 comments:

  1. GO you!! I am so proud of you and your efforts!! Keep going strong!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I too am very proud of you. Wow it must be hard after being a smoker for so long.
    Glad to hear you are being strong. Keep it up
    (gives Jennie a high five)

    ReplyDelete